The Power of Istighfar (Part One)
18 Oct 2017
People often forget the importance of the simple yet powerful dua (supplication) – Istighfar i.e., saying “Astaghfirullah” (I seek forgiveness of Allah). It is the Sunnah of our beloved Prophet (peace be upon him) to seek istighfaar 100 times daily. Let us see the benefits and virtues of reciting this simple beautiful supplication inShaAllah.
- Istighfar (Astagfirullah) is the gateway of relief and happiness.
Whenever you are in distress start reciting it and Insha Allah it will take you out of your anxiety
and will put you in a peaceful situation and will give you happiness.
- Istighfar removes anxiety and duas are answered.
- Istighfar opens the door of sustenance.
- Istighfar opens the door of mercy.
- Istighfar opens the door of knowledge.
- Istighfar is also gateway of productivity.
- Istighfar relieves you. When you feel that sadness within you, when you are disturbed and frustrated,
when anxiety surrounds you, say “Astaghfirullah” “Astaghfirullah”…
- Reciting Astaghfiruallah is an effective method of calming our self and wipes away
the variety of worldly worries from our mind and body. It may also help us, if we are suffering from depression,
it calm us and lessen our depression.
- Astaghfirullah also helps us to refrain from all forms of sins. Regularly saying this reminds us
that Allah is everywhere and in this way there is very small chances of doing wrongful actions.
- Ibn Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him)
said,“If anyone constantly seeks pardon (from Allah), Allah will appoint for him a way out of every
distress and a relief from every anxiety, and will provide sustenance for him from where he expects not.” [Abu Dawud].
- In another hadith, Abdullah bin Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them)
narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said:
- “The one who (regularly) says Istighfaar, that is, frequently repent to Allah Ta’aala for sins committed,
Allah Azza Wa-Jal will open a path from poverty and difficulties. All sorrow and hardship will be removed,
and in its place prosperity and contentment granted. One will receive sustenance from unimagined and unexpected sources.”
- Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) has said in another Hadith:
- “The one who seeks forgiveness for Muslim males and females from Allah Ta’aala twenty six or twenty five times every day,
Allah Ta’ala will count that person among those whose Du’a is accepted, and through the barakah of
whom those on earth gain Rizq (sustenance).”
- Do Tasbih of Astaghfaar at least 100 times daily as it is the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
- In one minute, you can say “Astaghfiru Allaah” more than 100 times! The virtue of seeking forgiveness is well-known,
it is a reason of obtaining forgiveness, entering Paradise, having good provisions, increasing one’s strength,
repelling harm, having affairs facilitated, the descent of rain, and increasing in wealth and children.
- The doors of repentance are always open therefore don’t delay your repentance in a hope of tomorrow,
as tomorrow is uncertain , Repent now and make it a habit to ask Allah’s forgiveness by reciting “Astaghfirullah”.
- Say I believe in Allah’s mercy, I have sinned, I have gone astray, I have been negligent,
but still I believe in Allah’s soothing mercy and forgiveness, I’ll not despair!
To Be Continued......
Things To Do and Duas Before Sleeping to Earn Great Rewards (Part Two)
Had you had a tough and busy day today? Managed to perform only compulsory prayer? Did not get time to touch the Quran,recite few supplications or perform optional prayers? Conquered the world? Now what? Very tired and going to sleep asap without remembering Allah? NO WAY..!READ MORE
Top Misconceptions about Islam (Part Two)
Today the mainstream media portrait Islam as the most intolerant religion. Haters will always hate Islam until they are informed the truth that Islam is the most acceptable religion and the perfect way of lifeREAD MORE
The Power of Istighfar (Part Two)
People often forget the importance of the simple yet powerful dua (supplication) – Istighfar i.e., saying “Astaghfirullah” (I seek forgiveness of Allah). It is the Sunnah of our beloved Prophet (peace be upon him) to seek istighfaar 100 times daily. Let us see the benefits and virtues of reciting this simple beautiful supplication inShaAllah.READ MORE